The Analyst Bootcamp gives you the essentials skills to shape your data, build better dashboards, and optimize performance. This intensive learning experience accelerates your path to proficiency on Tableau Prep and Desktop so you can derive valuable insights faster.
Need help getting your manager's approval to attend? Download and customize this email template that communicates the ROI for your business.
This bootcamp is designed for those in analyst roles or those looking to improve their analysis skills in Tableau to presents data insights across lines of business to improve decision making.
You'll learn how to:
- Build advanced chart types and visualizations.
- Build complex calculations to manipulate your data.
- Use statistical techniques to analyze your data.
- Use parameters and input controls to give users control over certain values.
- Implement advanced geographic mapping techniques and use custom images and geocoding to build spatial visualizations of non-geographic data.
- Prep your data for analysis.
- Combine data sources using data blending.
- Make your visualizations perform as well as possible using the Data Engine, extracts, efficient connection methods, and data connection best practices.
- Build better dashboards using techniques for guided analytics, interactive dashboard design, and visual best practices.
- Implement efficiency tips and tricks.
- What data Tableau Desktop works well with, and how to shape data appropriately to get maximum flexibility from Tableau Desktop.
- Understand Tableau Prep Builder’s role in the Analytic Cycle.
- Use the terminology specific to Tableau Prep Builder.
- Data sampling in Prep.
- Create and understand flows
While there are no prerequisites for this bootcamp, the rapid pace of this class favors those students who learn new concepts quickly or have previous experience with data analysis and business intelligence.
This course includes a workbook containing key concepts on each topic covered and hands-on activities to reinforce the skills and knowledge attained. It also includes a digital student resources folder containing Tableau workbooks and data sources to support the hands-on activities.
View our Cancellation Policy (PDF) for details.
This course is part of the Analyst Learning Path. Find out more.
Ready to get started?
Check the class schedule to find a time that works for you.